Harbinger’s StarGazer-384™ is a unique plate reader designed to study the thermal stability of proteins. Using patent-pending differential static light scattering technology, this instrument measures the amount of aggregated protein in a 384-well plate as a function of rising temperature.
This thermal-aggregation assay can be used for the following applications:
- HTS of focused compound libraries
- Validation of HTS hits
- Buffer optimization
- Identification of ligands for protein crystallization
- QC of protein biologics
- Characterization of membrane proteins
- Comparison of stability of different constructs of a given protein, including SNPs .
The StarGazer-384 instrument has the following advantages over other products:
- The thermal-aggregation assay is non-specific – i.e. it is not necessary to develop a dedicated assay for every protein.
- Because the instrument employs the classical principle of light scattering to measure aggregated protein, it is not susceptible intrinsic fluorescence in proteins or compounds.
- While differential scanning calorimetry can only be used to study one protein at a time, StarGazer-384 is designed for 384 samples in parallel.
- StarGazer-384 has integrated software for image processing, graphical visualization and numerical analysis. The software automatically generates thermal-aggregation curves for all the samples and computes the Tagg representing each curve.
|High-Throughput Protein Stability Analyzer